Travels with my camera

A micro four thirds camera is so much easier to carry than a DSLR so my E-P2 goes everywhere with me. Arty, serious, frivolous, documentary or just plain fun. It will all be here.

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Reflections (part 2)

Sorry, that title sounds like a Kenny G instrumental...
I just realised I haven't publicly reflected on the first month of the picture a day project.
I bored the folks at the mu-43 forum with some thoughts about it but now I've had a few more days to reflect a bit more.
There were good times and bad times.
Incredible highs when I produced a picture that received a positive reaction even though I thought I was aimlessly messing about. Then there was the lowest of lows when faced with the choice of cheating on myself and submitting a picture from a previous day I submitted something taken on the day despite how dull it was. I'd say that 95% of the time I've been happy with the shots I've taken.
Do I have some favourites? The woodpecker holes in the tree are a particlaur favourite as I'd never seen such a thing up close. What with April being a month filled with great weather I got outside a lot more and got to photograph a lot of nature. Which is not anything I've done before. Many of the shots I feel would be better served by having a macro lens but you can't have everything. That's not to say I don't like my flower shots. I'm proud of all of them. I'm just being overly picky I suppose.
If I've learned on thing from this first month it's more about nature than the craft of photography. Because I've never actually walked around and really looked at flowers and trees and seen how they are growing and blooming. Like when I was following the flowering cherry for a week.
So what does the future hold? How long will I be able to keep going? Who knows. Carrying a camera is easy for me. Seeing the picture is pretty easy too. I hope I have the time to keep going for another month and longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment