Travels with my camera

A micro four thirds camera is so much easier to carry than a DSLR so my E-P2 goes everywhere with me. Arty, serious, frivolous, documentary or just plain fun. It will all be here.

Monday, April 12, 2010

Woodpeckers at work (p.a.d.12)

I've been hearing a lot of woodpeckers nearby the house lately. I like woodpeckers. Especially pilleated ones. I think they are a quite beautiful yet angry looking bird. Last year we had one pay a few visits to the suet feeder we keep in the garden.
Some of the pecking has been close to the house, some not so close. However when I was shutting the garage door this evening I saw that one fellow had been very close. He'd been plying his trade on a tree right next to the house!
These are some big holes. You could fit a quarter in the bottom one easily. I wonder if this means our pilleated woodpecker from last year has returned?

No comments:

Post a Comment