Travels with my camera

A micro four thirds camera is so much easier to carry than a DSLR so my E-P2 goes everywhere with me. Arty, serious, frivolous, documentary or just plain fun. It will all be here.

Friday, April 2, 2010

10th and North Branch

Here we are; picture No. 2 in the picture a day project.
I was all fired up today to get a good, colourful, dynamic shot on the way home from work. But alas, the lack of a blue sky killed that. So by the time I reached home I was feeling a little disappointed that I hadn't seen anything to grab my attention. It was then I remembered the house fire from Saturday's blog entry. With the fire out and the smoke cleared, I was sure there would be a photo op there. That was, if the builders hadn't demolished it already.
They hadn't...
I was now able to get closer and photograph the remnant of the chimney stack from the basement upwards. Made for quite an interesting picture with the chimney standing proud rising from the rubble.
Once again the metering of the E-P2 in Program is pretty spot on there's detail all the way acros the tonal range.
The sad thing is that even though I'd run past that house many times a week on my marathon training runs. I can't for the life of me remember what the house looked like.

No comments:

Post a Comment