Travels with my camera

A micro four thirds camera is so much easier to carry than a DSLR so my E-P2 goes everywhere with me. Arty, serious, frivolous, documentary or just plain fun. It will all be here.

Friday, April 2, 2010

Sherburne at Sunset

It had been a grey grey day all day here in mid Minnesota. Nothing more annoying than that when you want to go out and take pictures. It did rain for a while, late afternoon. But we'll draw a veil over that. I was convinced that I wouldn't get any more than my one shot from earlier in the day. However, about 6:15 or so I noticed things brightening up a bit. So I took a look outside and saw the clouds breaking in the west and making the clouds to the east look rather interesting. With that I was gone. I jumped in the truck and headed out to Sherburne to see if I could have any success.
Above: Love them clouds.
Above: I really, really, really like this one...
Above: I'll never forget taking this one. I watched the scene through the viewfinder and as the sun came out from behind a cloud the rushes went from flat and dull to bright and golden. I could feel the anticipation as I clicked the shutter.
There is almost no post production on these pictures. I sharpened them up in iPhoto and tweaked the saturation ever so slightly to bring the yellows up a bit like I remembered seeing them in the viewfinder.
All in all not a bad hours photography.

No comments:

Post a Comment