Travels with my camera

A micro four thirds camera is so much easier to carry than a DSLR so my E-P2 goes everywhere with me. Arty, serious, frivolous, documentary or just plain fun. It will all be here.

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Not what I was expecting (p.a.d.23)

Got some more catching up to do. Busy weekend you know...
On Friday I was looking forward to getting out with my camera. I just downloaded the firmware update for the camera the night before to improve the autofocus speed and also on Wednesday my new Panasonic Lumix 45-200 zoom lens had arrived so I was planning on trying to shoot some trains at speed in Elk River.
But that was not to be. Track maintenance work mean that there were no trains running while I was there. So I drove home looking for something else to photograph. Once again working on the theory that I'd know what it was when I saw it. I was driving down a back road looking at a beat up old grain silo in the distance when suddenly I saw this.
A fence post with some coils of barbed wire. Immediately I knew that it was the picture. So I set the camera on the tripod on the side of an embankment and took the shot. It has to be said that the task was made much easier with the tiltable EVF of the camera. There was no way I could stand behind the camera to compose the shot the way it was sited on the embankment.

No comments:

Post a Comment