Travels with my camera

A micro four thirds camera is so much easier to carry than a DSLR so my E-P2 goes everywhere with me. Arty, serious, frivolous, documentary or just plain fun. It will all be here.

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

The old and the new p.a.d.7

I don't think I could ever be a nature photographer. I doubt I have the patience.
You see, I was wandering around the car park at work looking for a subject for todays image and I was drawn to the trees that were budding all around. In many places the buds had some old dead leaves with them. I thought this an excellent subject. But to try and photograph that on a breezy day was nigh on impossible. The dead leaf was so light the merest breeze set it all a tremble. Not to mention the cars driving by. Anyway, I stood there for a good 10 minutes waiting for the breeze to drop and the traffic to stop. Releasing the shutter when I thought conditions were right. Well they never were, of course. But I had a dozen pictures to choose from of which I think this is the best.
The rim lighting effect around the buds is particularly pleasing to me.
I might have stayed out longer to persevere to get a better shot but in the end I ran out of lunch time. Still it was another rewarding photo experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment