Travels with my camera

A micro four thirds camera is so much easier to carry than a DSLR so my E-P2 goes everywhere with me. Arty, serious, frivolous, documentary or just plain fun. It will all be here.

Thursday, April 1, 2010

I. P.A.D.

No nothing to do with the upcoming new piece of genius from Apple, the iPad.
But Picture A Day. I've recently signed up at the micro four thirds forum mu-43.com for users of the micro four thirds system.
One of the things they promote is the "picture a day" project. You post one picture a day on the forum for critique and observations from other members. I'm also trying to be doubly difficult by taking one picture a day for the most part.Of course there are days when I will take more. But mostly my time and other commitments will dictate only being able to take one picture.
So beginning April 1st I'm trying to partake. Here's my April 1st picture.
Taken in the car park at work, it shows the back of the entrance sign flanked by some trees. A nice, simple, geometric composition. The square of the sign and the triangles of the trees. The juxtaposition of natural and man made, dead and living etc; etc;
I like it. There are a few niggly details, like the right hand tree overlapping the sign, but if I were to move to clear that then the tree would be overlapping another to its right. The left tree touches the edge of the picture because if I was to give some clear space to its left then the branches of another tree would appear... Oh well you can't have everything.
It was very much a "gut feeling" picture. I saw it and it thought it needed recording.
Quite reasonable for a first picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment