Travels with my camera

A micro four thirds camera is so much easier to carry than a DSLR so my E-P2 goes everywhere with me. Arty, serious, frivolous, documentary or just plain fun. It will all be here.

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Born of frustration (p.a.d. 25)

I don't know wether it was the fact that I'm still tired out from yesterdays model railway exhibition or that it's just a grey day that has sapped me of my energy. But I just can't be arsed to do anything. But this afternoon I had a cuppa and forced myself to take a picture.
A well developed sprout on my wifes' Spider plant. I took the photo, it looked OK I guess but not quite what I was looking for, not inspiring. It didn't do anything for me at all. It looked even worse when I viewed it in iPhoto so in frustration I just messed around with the sliders.
Ooh...
Hang on a mo...
I might be getting somewhere now. So in all honesty all I did was aimlessly "faff about" with the sliders and effects. I blew the highlights out totally probably oversharpened it and meddled with the noise too. I don't know what on earth I was doing but I sure as heck like the finished article at lot better than the original picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment