Travels with my camera

A micro four thirds camera is so much easier to carry than a DSLR so my E-P2 goes everywhere with me. Arty, serious, frivolous, documentary or just plain fun. It will all be here.

Friday, April 16, 2010

Can you hear the ghosts of your childhood? (p.a.d. 4)

Something different from me today.
Knowing that the wind was going to play havoc with my plans to photograph the Cherry blossom again until dark. I decided to go and look for something to photograph. I didn't know what. I knew I'd know it when I saw it. After about 12 miles on the road I saw it. An old derelict abandoned Schoolhouse.
I explored the scene, saw my shot and took it.
But I was not content with that. As I saw the scene I knew what I wanted to say with the picture and I was eager to try out some tweaks and effects to put that feeling across.
I don't know if the image is too contrived or what. But to me it puts across what I wanted to say. So its fine by me.

No comments:

Post a Comment