Travels with my camera

A micro four thirds camera is so much easier to carry than a DSLR so my E-P2 goes everywhere with me. Arty, serious, frivolous, documentary or just plain fun. It will all be here.

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Messing around again

I'm soon going to loose count on these pad numbers I think...
So to todays experiment for thats what it is. There was a bit of planning involved here as the weather forecast for the day was unsavoury and I didn't expect to get outside and photograph.
So I was looking at the top of this lampshade the other day and I thought that the framework at there might make some kind of interesting composition. So I took the picture first thing this morning and messed around with it when I got in from work.
The file is a RAW original and I can't tell you exactly what I've done but the most important thing I did was set the clarity at -100 and I really liked the effect that gave by softening everything up. This was quite the opposite to what I was planning to do with it. I thought I'd be saturating it and increasing the contrast to make the centre "matchstick man" stand out but for some reason the opposite appealed to me.
Anyway I'm quite pleased with it. You don't have to like it but if it makes you think a bit then thats OK

No comments:

Post a Comment