Travels with my camera

A micro four thirds camera is so much easier to carry than a DSLR so my E-P2 goes everywhere with me. Arty, serious, frivolous, documentary or just plain fun. It will all be here.

Friday, May 28, 2010

Quite the caboose

As you may know I'm a railfan and I do like to photograph trains, in fact there is close to a 100% chance that tomorrows picture of the day will be of a train. Anyway as I drove into work this morning as I passed through Osseo I saw a quite unusual sight. A caboose. A bright blue caboose. Now cabooses. cabeese/cabii (take your pick) are are a rare sight since the introduction of through braking on trains and to see such a swish looking one was a surprise. It had been holding the crew of the Schnabel car that had taken a rather large piece of equipment up to Monticello Power station the night before and had rested here, in Osseo, overnight. Alas I missed the Schnabel car but you don't see a bright blue caboose everyday now do you?

No comments:

Post a Comment