Travels with my camera

A micro four thirds camera is so much easier to carry than a DSLR so my E-P2 goes everywhere with me. Arty, serious, frivolous, documentary or just plain fun. It will all be here.

Friday, May 14, 2010

Back to Sherburne

So after I had done my 6 mile run, mowed the grass. It was long grass so it was a long job. With the sun out and lovely clouds in the sky I decided to head over to Sherburne Wildlife refuge and take some pictures. I'd not been over there for a while and things were decidedly dead and bleak then so I was looking forward to seeing some life. My first visit was to the trees I named "the three witches" on my first visit my how they've changed.
Next I look a tour around the wildlife drive, open now that the Eagles have finished nesting. The Wild Lupines are blooming and I was rather intrigued by the somewhat abstract view of the plant from above.
Photographing them from above was easy compared to getting a side on view as every plant I chose seemed to have ants in the shot...
After a while I drove around to the woodland walk looking for some different ant-free plants to try my abstract close up skills on. Trillium perhaps they are starting to bloom. They are one of the few Minnesota plants I can recognise. But no. No Trillium. Just this thing.
I've no idea what it is. The shot is remarkable for being hand held and manually focussed on the E-P2 whilst the plant was blowing in the breeze. Manual focus on the E-P2 is great because as soon as you turn the focus ring the viewfinder automagically zooms in to 7x magnification to aid your focussing.
So, there we are, another trip to Sherburne. Another great time.

No comments:

Post a Comment