Travels with my camera

A micro four thirds camera is so much easier to carry than a DSLR so my E-P2 goes everywhere with me. Arty, serious, frivolous, documentary or just plain fun. It will all be here.

Friday, May 21, 2010

Back for more

So, as well as posting the first pictures here I posted them on the mu-4/3 forum where I very quickly got some excellent advice on what to do to improve the pictures. So as the location is only 11 minutes down the road Fired up with reckless enthusiasm I headed back.
Now reckless enthusiasm is NOT a good thing because I forget everything I know. Good stuff like use the self timer to release the shutter. I blew the first half a dozen shots like that they were shaky.
I'm also looking at some of these close up and I'm thinking that perhaps I should have manually focussed as well rather than rely on auto. In the fading light I was getting exposure times of 1.5 seconds which has given me more of what I was looking for. I'm definitely really pleased with the way these have gone. I look forward to going back to Elk Lake again and honing my abilities




No comments:

Post a Comment