Travels with my camera

A micro four thirds camera is so much easier to carry than a DSLR so my E-P2 goes everywhere with me. Arty, serious, frivolous, documentary or just plain fun. It will all be here.

Thursday, May 6, 2010

A nature lesson (p.a.d. 36)

So after yesterdays experimentation. Something a little more normal.
I've often wondered just how pine needles grow and over the past few weeks I've had a chance to discover how.
What I thought was a baby pine cone (like in p.a.d. 22) would appear to be a pod from which the needles spring from. Perhaps some of the pods do turn into pine comes I know not. I'll be keeping a close eye on the pine needles for a while.
Anyhow this picture illustrates the development quite well with some pods burst through and one not quite done with.

No comments:

Post a Comment