Travels with my camera

A micro four thirds camera is so much easier to carry than a DSLR so my E-P2 goes everywhere with me. Arty, serious, frivolous, documentary or just plain fun. It will all be here.

Sunday, May 2, 2010

Northstar commuter Rail (p.a.d. 31)

And so another month begins. Will I make it through the 31 days of May with a picture a day? Hope so. It's quite fun.
One of my favourite subjects to try and photograph are trains. I'm a real trainspotter. But because of the original slow autofocus of of the E-P2 I'd held of photographing trains at speed. But now I have a firmware update as well as a panasonic 45-200mm zoom lens. I wanted to have a go. So a quick trip down to Elk River netted this neat shot of the Northstar commuter rail on one of its Saturday turns.
Notable for being a picture of a double headed train. On a 4 car commuter train this is overkill but the second loco Northstar 504 was dead and UTA #12 was doing the work.

No comments:

Post a Comment