Travels with my camera

A micro four thirds camera is so much easier to carry than a DSLR so my E-P2 goes everywhere with me. Arty, serious, frivolous, documentary or just plain fun. It will all be here.

Monday, March 22, 2010

Pictures!

OK. Enough waffling about buying a camera lets get out there and take some photographs with it!
I said I needed the camera for the weekend because we were headed up to Duluth and the North Shore of Lake Superior for my Birthday. Plenty of opportunities to take pictures. For the most part I just messed around with it, getting used to the layout and features and seeing what it would do.
Above: With this one I think I was subconciously chanelling my favourite photographer Craig Blacklock also from the Duluth area.
Above: Perhaps another famed Minnesota photographer Jim Brandenburg was in my mind when I took this. This shot was taken on the 16:9 setting on the camera
Above: This one is a crop to get rid of a lot of sky. I never thought about changing the sensor setting to 16:9 - still learning...
Above and below: A couple of touristy "snaps" from Gooseberry Falls State Park. The camera performed really well just pointing and shooting.
I'll write more about my impressions of the camera later but for now we'll just enjoy the pictures

No comments:

Post a Comment