Travels with my camera

A micro four thirds camera is so much easier to carry than a DSLR so my E-P2 goes everywhere with me. Arty, serious, frivolous, documentary or just plain fun. It will all be here.

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

An explanation

"So what's it mean then? Is my Pen mightier? Mightier than what?"
Not an unreasonable question really. The title is a bit of an obtuse play on words. Wether obtuse means good or bad is yet to be decided.
Anyway we are all familiar with the phrase "The Pen is mightier than the sword." Absolutely stuff all to do with photography though...
But as the camera is known as the "digital Pen" I thought it too good an oportunity to miss, to mangle a well known phrase for my own ends.
So is my pen mightier than what?
Basically the cameras that went before it. My E-20 and my E-1 both were magnificent cameras that I loved to use and when I bought the EP-2 I was concerned that this tiny new camera wouldn't be able to match them with regards to performance and ease of use.
So far these fears are unfounded.

No comments:

Post a Comment