Travels with my camera

A micro four thirds camera is so much easier to carry than a DSLR so my E-P2 goes everywhere with me. Arty, serious, frivolous, documentary or just plain fun. It will all be here.

Saturday, March 27, 2010

More from the blasted heath

I enjoyed myself some much yesterday on the Blue Hill walk at Sherburne that I thought I'd throw a few more pictures at you.
Above: Another burned tree stands out against the blue sky
Above: Logs buried in leaves
Below: dead leaves against burned tree stump
For these two pictures I switched over to Manual to see how things worked. The camera is pretty easy to work in manual mode. It didn't take any reading of the instruction manual to work out how to change aperture and shutter speed and the display on the viewfinder was clear and concise. The Upper picture shot at f13 has great depth of field. and the lower pictures exposure is pretty good considering how the black of the burned wood could dominate things.
Below: I just liked to see all the broken twisted trees about.
There we are. The Sherburne Wildlife refuge is a fascinating place. One that I certainly will return to often in the future to explore and photograph in greater detail.

No comments:

Post a Comment