Travels with my camera

A micro four thirds camera is so much easier to carry than a DSLR so my E-P2 goes everywhere with me. Arty, serious, frivolous, documentary or just plain fun. It will all be here.

Friday, June 11, 2010

Thursday at the bridge

On Thursday evening I was greeted by the sorry site of only the central section remaining and even that had most of its decking removed. Yesterdays picture of the day showed that happening to a section of the deck.
I watched the process intently and looked up at the crane jibs silhouetted against the cloudy sky...
The section was lifted onto a couple of steel trestles in the river where it was carefully watched into placed by one of the workmen
Then the section of deck was roughly hauled up the bank to be broken up...

No comments:

Post a Comment