Travels with my camera

A micro four thirds camera is so much easier to carry than a DSLR so my E-P2 goes everywhere with me. Arty, serious, frivolous, documentary or just plain fun. It will all be here.

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

A fool and his money

Look at this. A Lubitel camera for sale at Amazon for $300 dollars.
What on earth?
Who is going to be stupid enough to pay $300 for one of them?
I bought one when I was first interested in medium format photography. I paid the equivalent of $50. It was a cheap way into medium format.
Cheap is the operative word. They are cheaply built with suspect quality control and prone to light leaks for starters.
But market these flaws correctly and associate the Lomography name with them and all of a sudden you can pay through the roof for them.
These cameras are not worth $300. Not in a month of Sundays. Amazon and the retailer must be laughing all the way to the bank...

No comments:

Post a Comment