Travels with my camera

A micro four thirds camera is so much easier to carry than a DSLR so my E-P2 goes everywhere with me. Arty, serious, frivolous, documentary or just plain fun. It will all be here.

Friday, June 11, 2010

Friday at the Bridge

I arrived at the bridge about 2pm on Friday afternoon expecting that the side facing Riverside Park would be removed. In fact I was hoping quite desperately that it hadn't happened yet. I was not to be disappointed. When I arrived a good sized crowd had gathered as the removal of the side was underway.
Things were naturally proceeding quite carefully and a closer inspection of the pillars revealed that there was a rather ominous crack in the pillar.
Still after much to-ing and fro-ing and careful winching the side ended up on the south bank of the river where it would be broken up into rubble.
Leaving the pillar still standing precariously by itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment